BITCO Corporation, headquartered in Davenport, Iowa, is seeking a Senior Risk Control Consultant located in or near Chicago, IL. BITCO provides quality property and casualty insurance services to specialized industries including construction, forest products and oil & gas. This is a remote position with required overnight travel to customer job sites and offices.
As part of the Risk Control team, this position will provide risk control services to BITCO customers in the state of Illinois, with a few additional accounts in Indiana.
- Evaluate exposure and exposure controls for current and prospective customers
- Identify and recommend risk improvements
- Prepare various risk control reports
- Conduct occasional safety meetings / training for customers
- Utilize product line expertise to ensure good loss experience outcomes
- Foster new business development through quality agency relationships and effective customer interactions
- Help to mentor, train, and fill in for team members as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Risk Management, Engineering, or related field preferred
- 7+ years of experience as a Risk Control Consultant/Loss Control Consultant with experience in the areas of Commercial Construction; Forestry; and Public Entities.
- Professional safety certification (CSP, ARM, or other) preferred; or willingness to obtain
- OSHA/MSHA/DOT knowledge preferred
- Progressive working knowledge of customer safety programs, state and federal regulations, and general insurance and policy terms
- Good communication and mentoring skills; ability to convey knowledge to others
- Ability to develop and maintain good customer relations
- Effectively communicate in person, by telephone, and email with supervisors, co-workers, customers and their representatives, and other third parties
- Ability to routinely bend, kneel, reach, climb, and walk around to evaluate customer job sites and machinery
https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1165051&d=ExternalCareerSite#/ and search for #22-066.