The Quad Cities Chapter is one of over 148 local chapters organized to offer localized membership services, networking and professional development opportunities through seminars, conferences and monthly meetings. The Quad Cities Chapter of the American Society of Safety Professionals was chartered in 1980. The Chapter has more than 100 members.
Professional meetings are held approximately seven times per year in the Quad Cities area.
The purpose of this Chapter will be to promote the advancement of the safety profession and safety professionals in the geographical area served.
In fulfilling its purposes, the Chapter shall have the following objectives within the geographical area:
- To develop and/or promote educational programs for obtaining the knowledge, required performing the functions of a safety professional.
- To develop and/or disseminate locally, information and materials that will carry out the purposes of the Chapter, the Society, serve the public.
- To provide and/or support forums for the interchange and acquisition of professional knowledge among its members.
- To foster liaison with local organizations of related disciplines
- To inaugurate and implement such other programs and projects that are consistent with the purposes of the Chapter and the Society.
- To conduct its affairs in a manner that will reflect the standards, purposes and objectives of the Society